Wednesday, August 1, 2012

More about Lacey

I still don't know why Jake and Lacey aren't spending his last few days there together.  I talked to my dad about it and he didn't really have any answers for me.  I wonder if they don't want Jake around her because of his behavior.  I hope that's not it because there are some things I just can't fix.  Another thought is that maybe they are scared that I'll show up while my dad has Lacey.  And that thought is the reason I told my dad that it is okay to let them know when we are going to be picking up Jake.  I know, I know it's a really risky move.  And honestly, I'm still conflicted about whether or not it's a safe thing to do.  I would like to think that they have grown and matured and just want to keep their family together.  But I can't forget the past either, and I know they are capable of lying to the police, the court and whoever else they need to lie to in order to hurt me and our family.  It's not to late to put Jake on a plane and fly him home.  Maybe I can see Uncle Tony at the beginning of next summer (if all goes well for him).  I don't know.  I did ask my dad to try and work out a visit for me too.  The worst that can happen is they say no.  Well I don't think that's actually the worst that can happen but I can't live my whole life having no faith in humanity at all.  It's still the most important thing to me for the kids to get to spend time together.  But I do want to see her.  My dad talked about working out some visitation in the long term and now they are moving to California so how is that going to work?  Maybe they didn't mean it at all and just said that to appease my dad.  *sigh*  I was talking about sending Jake to stay with them for Christmas.....  Do you think that's a good idea if they aren't in Utah?    I mean I guess it wouldn't be all that different, he still wouldn't have any legal right to keep Jake so maybe it doesn't matter what state they live in.  Damn babe idk.  I want the kids to be able to know each other.  I'm afraid that J.D. is going to stop talking to my dad again.  I still don't understand why he did the first time.  I wish more of all this made sense to me.  Dad called him today but he was sleeping and never called back...  idk.

1 comment:

  1. Honest babe, I don't know what the best thing to do is either. I feel the kids should know each other and get to spend time together too. Maybe it's just weird for him and he needs to adjust to having Jake around again. I don't know about letting him go there for Christmas. I feel kinda strange when I think about it. I know I love you and hopefully we can figure it out. Maybe JD will stop being rude and come around...

    ReplyDelete