Wednesday, July 25, 2012

Jake.....


My dad said that J.D. and Lacey are going to go fishing with him and Jake...  I'm worried about this.  Jake knows that.  :|  I think at this point it would be better for the adults to make the plans without telling Jake.  I'm afraid of J.D. going back on his word.  Jake's had quite enough heartbreak in his life, I'm so afraid that he's going to get hurt even more.  On the other hand, I'm afraid that J.D. will keep his word and go.......  and then what?  Will he let Lacey spend more time with Jake before summer's over?  Maybe Jake will get to spend the night with them a couple times.....  Here's the thing, I want Jake and Lacey to be able to spend as much time together as possible right now because honestly who knows when or if they will ever get to see each other again and I want Jake to spend time with Lacey's family too because he loves them  BUT I can't tell you how frightened I am about it all.  J.D. stole my daughter from me, how do I know he won't try it with Jake after he succeeded once already? Common sense tells me he won't because Jake isn't his kid.  But it's hard to imagine the feelings someone else has for your kid.  I think the fact that he is the one who cut all ties with Jake says that he doesn't love Jake at all but then I wonder if I'm letting my own feelings about J.D. cloud my judgement and maybe I'm not allowing myself to see the other side....  Could there be another side???  I don't know and I don't think I will figure that out anytime soon if I do ever figure it out.  What if he suddenly realizes that Jake and Lacey really should be together though?  Paranoid...  How can I not be after everything?  Also it probably doesn't help that I ready that Jaycee Dugard book the other day LOL.  :\  I am really worried and super scared but I think this time I just need to put my fears on the shelf.  I'm going to tell my dad to let Jake see Lacey (and the others) as much as possible until he comes home.  Then I am going to hope, wish and pray that J.D. doesn't try to pull any "J.D. stunts".  I have to just believe that everything is going to work out the way it's supposed to and Jake will come home.  And if he does try something...  I think I'm better prepared to deal with it the right way, ya know?  I'm more clear-headed than I used to be, it's just the what ifs that are hard.  So I'll let those go now because the only other option is not to let Jake see them at all and that's not fair to anyone.  I do hate that I'm pretty much depending on J.D. to be a good person and do the right thing when...  well you know, it's J.D. we're talking about...  *sigh*  It's the right thing to do.  [Isn't that what I said about the kids going to 'stay with him' in the beginning?  I really hope this will be different.]

1 comment:

  1. I meant Jake knows that they are supposed to go fishing with him, not that I'm worried. <3 you.

    ReplyDelete